Transparent and Efficient Patient Flow
The research behind the original INSIGHT product (CCL Surgical) was done as part of the so-called "Interactive Hospital" (iHospital®) project. This project was done by researchers from the Computer Science Department at the University of Aarhus in close cooperation with the Regional Hospital of Horsens in Denmark.
The iHospital® project resulted in a new generation of technology for clinicians, which in its strategic focus and use is significantly different from traditional types of computer systems for hospitals. The clinicians' enthusiasm for this new solution and the desire to keep the system in production resulted in the establishment of C3A Medical in 2006. In 2008 the company was renamed "Cetrea", which is verbatim for "C3A".
Cetrea® and iHospital® are registered trademarks for Cetrea.
Today, Cetrea is an established supplier of innovative healthcare information technology and the Cetrea solutions for Clinical Logistics have been deployed to the benefit for a wide range of Danish customers. The technology is used by doctors and nurses at more than 70 departments at 21 hospitals in 4 out of the 5 Danish healthcare regions. As such, Cetrea is a significant player within modern healthcare technology.
Cetrea strives to deliver innovative, yet mature products that enable hospitals to treat more patients with higher quality and at the same time improving clinicians and patients satisfaction. Through continued focus on research and innovation, Cetrea seeks to become a strong international company delivering high quality products for optimization of effeciency and quality in hospitals.
- 2016 – Awarded the Børsen Gazelle award for the second time in a row.
- 2015 – Regional top ten in the Børsen Gazelle award.
- 2012 – 3rd prize in the EU SME eHealth Solution awarded at WoHIT 2012 in Copenhagen.
- 2011 – Red Herring Global Top 100 Winner. The Red Herring award is one of the most prestigious awards given to innovative technology companies.
- 2011 – Winner of the Danish Product Design Award in the IT category for Cetrea Patient Ward in 2011.
- 2010 – Ernst and Young Entrepeneur of the Year 3. place award in the Start-Up category.
- 2008 – The Golden Scalpel 2008 was awarded to Cetrea and Horsens Regional Hospital for the development of Cetrea Surgical. The award was presented by the Dansh Minister of Health.